Sunday, March 20, 2011

What is a Random Kiss?



We know about the French kiss and the butterfly kisses, but what about the "random kiss"? Do you know what it is?
This term popped into my head just a few moments ago while thinking about the kiss on the cheek that my hubby gave me during lunch time. I searched for this term on the internet and found no definitive answer. It appears that "random kiss" does not really exist in the urban dictionary. However, some suggest that a random kiss is a kiss that you get from a random person, for a example, a complete stranger on an elevator.
To me, a random kiss doesn't have to come from a stranger. It could be from a person that you've been married for for 25 years. The "randomness" doesn't have to be determined by a random person, it could also be determined by an act just like the "random act of kindness". Of course, randomness is not a simple matter... it's a whole different ball-game especially in philosophical terms (and I'm really not here for such debate, but feel free to rack your brains out if you want to). What I was hoping to get answered is whether we could add "random kiss" in our "kiss lexicon", just like the French kiss. Basically, what I'm suggesting is to associate "random kiss" to a random act of affection, rather than just a stranger. For example, it could be a kiss that makes you feel special (as suppose to being "violated" on an elevator), or more like just-thought-I'd-kiss-you-because-i-love-you type thing. I know I had my random kiss today while eating at McDonald's (which is totally not a romantic place), yet I consider that moment as one of my memorable lunch dates with my hubby because of that unexpected kiss.
What about you, what do you think?

__________________
Photo link

No comments:

Post a Comment