Friday, August 8, 2014

Adjusting

It was bright and sunny day today and I came home from work to have lunch. Coming from outside and having forgotten my sunglasses, my eyes had to adjust to the level of darkness as I walked inside the house. There was nothing I could do but to simply give myself a moment to finally see everything properly. This got me thinking: Knowing that I had to give my physical self some time to adjust to an environment and that there's nothing I could do about it but wait, then why don't I apply the same principle to other aspects of my life, such as my emotional, social, non-physical? It's good to act on what you think you could do and change, but sometimes, there are circumstances where there is no amount of effort that could change a situation. Sometimes, all we could do is wait -- something that most of us already know, but somehow need to be reminded of from time to time.

Although next time, I'll try not to forget my sunglasses to keep this from happening again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment